About This Blog and About Me

I am a sinner. I am a sinner who has been forgiven by Christ and who seeks to serve him.


This blog contains my daily thoughts and reflections on my journey to carry my cross and follow him.


I am a lay, married Catholic woman who works a day job, who continues to sin, and who continually must seek grace, mercy, and the strength to pick the cross back up when I fall and then continue on the journey.


I am not a theologian. These words are only my (hopefully) humble attempt to learn from my day and to share what I feel may be valuable to readers. If anything I write contradicts the teachings of the Church, it is not by design but by lack of knowledge or understanding on my part.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Past: A Little Background and Food for Thought

If you, the reader of this blog, were to Google the words, "Jen Bluekissed," you may find words and images that are upright and an attempt to seek to glorify God.  Unfortunately, you will also probably find other words and images that are exactly the opposite.  Please only Google, "Jen Bluekissed," if you combine it with other search terms that you know will net something good.

The reason I give rise to caution is because in the not too distant past, I wrote erotica and erotic romance ebooks.  Some of these were self published ebooks, and I am trying diligently to scrub cyberspace clean of them.  Others are works to which I don't hold the copyright, so they still show up in Google searches and can still be purchased through my previous publisher.

My real name is Jennifer Bloomquist.  I'd greatly prefer you Google my real name.  If you do, you'll find all kinds of scholarly articles written by somebody else who shares my name.

As is the case with so many sins, many of my past and present sins involve other people.  I will not blog about these because I don't believe in sullying somebody else's good name.  So, the blog entries here are edited.  They are edited with the purpose of including only my own actions and my own reflections on those actions and how God's great love and mercy fits into my own life.  I do not change stories, but I do hold back that which is not relevant to this blog's purpose.

I had/have great hesitation to start this blog.  I felt/feel strongly called to write it, but I also don't know if there will be hypocrisy in my writing because I think that I'm being called to write about things I haven't figured out for myself how to do.  But, as the saying goes, the best way to learn something is to teach someone else.

So, as I share snippets of my life, I pray for the humility to make the writing about Christ and Christ in others rather than being about me.  I pray also that pride may not enter into my blog entries, as there is always the great temptation to self-inflate when relating and reflecting upon my life.  May my words be humble.

Amen